Who are you?
Do you want to bring innovation in our food production? Are you a whizzkid and do you want to get farmers to the next level? Do you enjoy being part of a brother band? Do you like to participate in the quest for the best solution? Then we are looking for you!
You will be part of a scrum team, where developers, business analysts and testers work closely together. As a team, you are jointly responsible for creating the best product solutions for our customers. All the analysis, development and test work is carried out within the team. Together with your team, you estimate the work during the backlog refinement and during the sprint planning. You jointly determine how much work the team will take on for the upcoming sprint.
You will work on the AgroVision cloud platform. These are mainly single-page (web) applications and apps for smartphones such as Android and iOS. You are familiar with (some) frameworks such as C#, ASP.NET (Core), Entity Framework (Core), Xamarin, Cordova, TypeScript and Angular. As a junior developer you are guided and supported by your fellow developers.
- A bachelor or a master's degree in software development or a related education
- Knowledge of working with Scrum
- Preferable: Knowledge of working with Azure DevOps (Server)
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Hands on mentality
Who are we?
About 40 developers in three countries work in six scrum teams, developing software for the agricultural market. We support our farmers by automating their environment, having smooth data exchange, smart input devices and good reporting to run their business. We mainly do this for dairy farming, pig farming and crops (arable farming).
To give you an impression:
- We developed a product that determines what the best composition of the food for the cow is. The software daily calculates and instructs the feeding robot in the barn to ensure that the cows receive the correct food.
- We help farmers to determine what the optimal time of year is to protect their potatoes against diseases. Given the location of the farmer, weather data from his own weather station and the weather forecast of the internet, the software determines what the best time is to act to protect the crop.
- With our mobile application the farmer can scan the RFID chip in the ear tag of a pig. The app shows all relevant data of the pig and the farmer can immediately see and register what actions need to be done in the stable.
We offer a fulltime position in an informal working environment and a job filled with challenges in a fast-developing branch. We believe in personal growth and development. We want to help you to become a medior/senior developer by setting up a personal development plan and provide guidance and training if needed. Besides your primary salary, you can count on 30 vacation days, a fixed 13th month and flexible working hours. We periodically organize hackathons to work out innovative ideas in an informal setting.
Are you exited and do you want to hop on board and join our team of developers? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.