AgroVision is one of the biggest agricultural software developers in Europe. We have a wide range of management software solutions that we market to our 20.000 customers and more than 100 agribusiness partners.
Do you want to contribute to innovation in our food production? Are you keen on working with others, and do you enjoy participating in our quest for the best solution? If so, we are looking for you!
As a Software Designer you understand customers’ requirements perfectly and are able to translate this into smart software. There are few things you like more than diving into all of the information available to make sure you get absolute clarity and that the development team can get to work. You make an estimate of the work in conjunction with your team. Together with the product manager and the development team, you define the scope of a project, document the scope in the form of backlog items, prioritise work and ensure that the teams of developers and testers, among others, understand the backlog items. You maintain contact with stakeholders, such as product management, customers, support, development teams and management.
- Carrying out information analyses to ensure that customer requirements are translated into new products, product modifications and product expansion;
- Drawing up the correct software specifications in user stories;
- Drawing up test scenarios and testing the software against functional requirements;
- Specifying requirements and guidelines for the implementation and practical phases;
- Answering questions about the software upon request and analyzing data if required;
- Monitoring progress in the company’s own projects.
- Work and think at a Higher Professional Educational level;
- Demonstrable roots in and knowledge of pig farming;
- Affinity with IT is a definite requirement;
- You are analytical, critical and above all proactive;
- As a Product Owner, you have experience with working in Agile/Scrum teams;
- You are fluent in Danish or Dutch and English.
Our team comprises 45 developers, working in six scrum teams divided over three countries. Together we create and develop software for the agricultural market. We support farmers by automating their working environment, ensuring their data exchange runs smoothly and providing them with smart devices and accurate reports to ensure optimum operations in their businesses. This mainly concerns dairy farmers, pig farmers and arable farmers (crops).
To give a better idea of what we’re doing:
- We have developed a product that determines the best composition of feed for cows. The software calculates this on a daily basis and our program instructs the feeding robot in the byre to ensure cows receive the proper feed.
- We help our farmers determine the most effective time of the week to protect their potatoes against diseases. Based on the farmer’s location, weather data from their own weather stations and Internet weather forecasts, our software establishes the best time to take action and protect crops.
- Using our mobile app, farmers can scan an RFID chip in pig ear tags. The app then displays any relevant information about the pig. Farmers can immediately see and record the actions that must be undertaken in the sty.
We are offering a full-time post in an informal working environment and a challenging job in a rapidly developing sector. We believe in personal growth and development and focus on allowing you to develop by drawing up a personal development plan with you and providing you with the support and additional training required. The working place will be from our office in Tørring, Denmark or Deventer, The Netherlands.
Want to know more?
If this is something that fires your enthusiasm and you are interested in joining our team, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org