Who are you?
Do you want to bring innovation in our food production? Are you a whizzkid and do you want to get farmers to the next level? Do you like to participate in the quest for the best solution? And share all your experience and knowledge within your team? Then we are looking for you!
You will be part of a scrum team, where developers, business analysts and testers work closely together. As a team, you are jointly responsible for creating the best product solutions for our customers. All the analysis, development and test work is carried out within the team. Together with your team, you estimate the work during the backlog refinement and during the sprint planning. You jointly determine how much work the team will take on for the upcoming sprint. As a team you are responsible for the quality of the software and you take ownership when there are production problems.
You will work on the AgroVision cloud platform. These are mainly single-page (web) applications and apps for smartphones such as Android and iOS. You are like a fish in water working with frameworks such as C#, ASP.NET (Core), Entity Framework (Core), Xamarin, Cordova, TypeScript and Angular. You help in assuring code quality by complying to coding guidelines with tools like ReShaper and SonarQube. In addition to developing (new) software, you also work on the software development process. Tasks involve automate tests (with NUnit and Selenium), set up and improve the build pipeline and automate the deployments in the DTAP cycle (with Azure DevOps Server). As a Senior Developer you take pride in guiding and supporting your fellow developers. You like thinking ahead and advocate software architecture. You do not hesitate to share knowledge with co-workers.
- A bachelor or master's degree in software development or a related education
- At least six years of working experience as a software developer
- Experience in working in Scrum teams
- Practical experience with technical design of new (cloud) software
- Preferable: knowledge of working with Azure DevOps (Server)
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Hands on mentality
Who are we
About 40 Developers in three countries work in six scrum teams, developing software for the agricultural market. We support our farmers by automating their environment, having smooth data exchange, smart input devices and good reporting to run their business. We mainly do this for dairy farming, pig farming and cultivation (arable farming).
To give you an impression:
- We developed a product that determines what the best composition of the food for the cow is. The software calculates this on a daily basis and instructs the feeding robot in the barn to ensure that the cows receive the correct food.
- We help farmers to determine what the optimal time of year is to protect their potatoes against diseases. Given the location of the farmer, weather data from his own weather station and the weather forecast of the internet, the software determines what the best time is to take action to protect the crop.
- With our Mobile-PigVision application the farmer can view all animal data, he can receive and use this data by scanning the RFID chip in the ear tag. The app immediately shows the data from the pig, the data can then be processed.
We offer a fulltime position in an informal working environment and a job filled with challenges in a fast-developing branch. We believe in personal growth and development. We want to help you to grow by setting up a personal development plan and provide guidance and training if needed. Besides your primary salary, you can count on 30 vacation days, a fixed 13th month and flexible working hours. We periodically organize hackathons to work out innovative ideas in an informal setting.
Are you exited and do you want to hop on board and join our team of developers? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.